Saturday, September 24, 2011

Boone, North Carolina


There are a lot of squirrels in Washington, you can see them everywhere. They are like rats there but cute and with a fluffy tail.

Good morning, how are you?
I'm in Boone now. Yesterday was again a really long day. We left the hotel in Washington at 11 and had to wait in Ronald Reagan National Airport for three hours because our flight was delayed. When we finally got on the plane, it took only an hour to get to Charlotte. The flight was quite nice as I was sitting next to a Guatemalan guy and managed to find out a lot about his country and their lifestyle. It was sunny and very warm in Charlotte.

To get from Charlotte to Boone we took a bus. It started raining soon and there was thunder and lightning but we kept going. The landscape became more montainous and soon there were mountains covered in mist all around us. The rain had stopped and we saw a rainbow :) The view was breathtaking. I tried to take some photos but didn't get any good ones.



We got to the hotel at about 7 and now I'm sharing a room with Soythip, a teacher from Thailand. She's on the phone right now, talking to her family and I can't understand a word.


Our hotel room - my home for the next 6 weeks :)

We had dinner in a restaurant where you can eat as much as you like for 14 dollars. The food culture here is just crazy. They eat so much! This morning we went downstairs to have breakfast and they had a pancake machine here - all you have to do is push the button and you'll get two freshly baked pancakes :D I'll probably gain a lot of weight here, so you'll have trouble recognizing me when I get back.

Today we're meeting Jesse at 9.30 and go to the university campus (I think) and then we'll have some free time (finally).
Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment