Thursday, November 10, 2011

I'm not good at saying goodbye

Here I am again... sitting in the hotel lobby, trying to hide in my bubble of sadness. There are people all around me, rushing around with their suitcases. Every hour there's a group leaving and we have to say goodbye again and again. That really hurts. Aida and Hugo and Soythip and Angsana, Rinna and Socheat and Lucky left early in the morning. Pablo and Jaime just left and Jahan, Maya, Valentina and Asiyat and Nazik are leaving in ten minutes. Margaret, Zbignev, Tatiana and Jazgul are leaving in an hour and we have two more hours to wait ... Wafa and Maram are the last ones to leave. I'm going to miss them all.

 


Last night we got together in Pablo's room. Again, we laughed a lot... but the laughters were mixed with moments of silence and sadness.

Here's a picture of me sitting in the lobby. The photo was taken a couple of days ago when we got here. 
Our flight is at 7 pm and it lasts for 8 hours. We arrive in Frankfurt at 9 am tomorrow. And the flight to Estonia is at around 12. I should arrive at 5 pm. I haven't experienced any culture shock here but I'm definitely going to have a reverse culture shock, so all the Estonians waiting for me... be warned :P


Now it's 1.13 pm and we've said goodbye to most of our group. We also had lunch and we've got 30 minutes before we leave. I feel numb... and tired. I remember that when we got to Boone six weeks ago and admired the colorful trees, Jesse said that all the leaves will be gone by the time we leave. And today I could see last leaves falling and dancing in the wind when I hugged my friends and said goodbye.

How lucky I am to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye to...

No comments:

Post a Comment