Sunday, November 6, 2011

Last day in Boone


It's our last day in Boone. We're sitting in the lobby... again. Everyone has packed their suitcases and the dominant feeling among us seems to be sadness. This, however, cannot be said about Hugo who's sitting next to me, listening to old club hits and obviously enjoying it.

The weekend has been pretty relaxing. Yesterday I slept till 9.40 am, did some packing and talked to my family on Skype. It was nice to hear that they are organizing a homecoming party for me :) We also did the laundry with Tea and went to Walmart to get a couple of things we needed. In the afternoon there was a party at Sarah's place. John gave us a ride and of course we got lost. We drove up in the mountains and the scenery was just breathtaking again. When we finally got to Sarah's house everyone was already having chili and corn bread. She lives in a really nice place. By the way, she spent a year in Finland in 1981, she was an exchange student there.

In the evening we sat in the lobby again and talked but I was tired and went to bed pretty early.

Today I sent my lesson plans to Jesse and edited the video I'm going to use in Washington when doing my micro teaching. I also helped Maya with her PowerPoint presentation. Then I spent an hour trying to fit all the things I have bought into my suitcase. And I have to admit that I wasn't very successful. So we went to Boone Mall for the last time and I bought a new suitcase. We also had luch there - I had a tuna sandwich and fries.

At 7 pm we came downstairs to meet John and return the laptops we were given 6 weeks ago. I actually used my ASU laptop just once cause I have my own laptop with me.

We're leaving tomorrow at 9.30 am and our flight from Charlotte to Washington is at 1 pm. We're going to stay in D.C. till Thursday.

I just remembered I wanted to share a beautiful thought with you. A couple of days ago I saw a sign in a gift shop...

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
but by the moments that take our breath away.

I've had so many breathtaking moments here and it's very difficult to part with the people I've met here.

No comments:

Post a Comment