Monday, October 17, 2011

Some more impressions from New York

Here are some more photos I took on Sunday. In the morning we went on a 90-minute-long boat tour on Hudson River. The view was just magnificient again. The only problem was that it was very windy and  every now and then we were sprinkled with salty water from the river. The river is salty because fresh water flowing down the river meets salt water pushing in from the Atlantic Ocean.
The area where WTC towers used to be. Now they're rebuilding the site and there are going to be 7 towers in the area. You can see at least 3 unfinished towers there if you take a closer look. It was really sad to listen to the tour guide when he told us about 9/11. But he also added that everybody should be nice to each other and that we should appreciate every moment we are given as life is short.

The Statue of Liberty. I think I took about 30 photos of the statue but I will only post this one as you can see the whole monument and there are some people there on the island as well, so you can see how big the statue really is. I still can't believe that I really saw all these places.
Another picture of the city

Next we went to the Empire State Building. It was really crowded that day so it took us about an hour and a half to get to the observation platform on the 86th floor.
Here's a picture of a gorilla who tried to kiss me in the Empire State Building.

There are so many other pictures I want to share with you but I have to go and have lunch now. We just had a class on lesson planning and I finally managed to create a couple of plans and think about the micro teaching lesson we will have to give in Washington in a couple of weeks.

Stay tuned, there are going to be more photos. I also promised to write a special entry for my boys about the cars here and I really hope I'll manage to find the time to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment